Sri Kalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja performing timings, Online Booking procedure, kalahasti rahu ketu pooja benefits, Pooja ticket price, Temple contact details
South India is the center of our focus today, with beautiful sceneries, well-crafted temples, and majestic shrines. These part of the country has a deep history and spiritual backgrounds dating for a way back in the days—the breathtaking pillars of Chalukyas, stone carvings, striking temples, and ancient architecture. The place has different temples where pilgrims from all over the world come to worship and pray. Take the Meenakshi temple, Venkateswara temple, and Virupaksha temple. However, today we discuss the Sri kalahasti temple. The temple has a rich and significant history where thousands of devotee’s stream in for worship.
Sri Kalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja
The temple is located in Chittoor district of Rayalaseema region in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The Sri kalahasti temple is famous as it’s the dwelling place for Lord Shiva. The great Lord in the Hindu religion. The temple has been to existence since 1516 and still stands to date. It was constructed by Krishnadevraya, who is the king of the Vijayanagara kingdom. The beauty of the temple goes beyond saying as it built with a lot of architectural knowledge. The Srikalahasti temple represents one element out of the given five. It represents the Vaayu / Air and its referred to as Kailās and Kashi of the south.
Meaning of Sri kalahasti
The temple got its unique name from the mythological legend of the past. A combination of three mythical features which were believed to worship Lord Shiva. The spider(Sri), snake (Kala) and the elephant(hasti). The history remains to date where pilgrims visit to learn and worship as a way of paying their respects. The temple has great significance; different rituals are done here. They consider Pancha Bhoota Stalam worshiping the Air or Vaayu Lingam.
In India, during the solar eclipse and Lunar, all temples are closed except the Srikalahasti temples. All rituals are performed here during the eclipse. The ritual Rahu-Kethu Pooja is an essential and famous Pooja which is shown at the temple during the solar and lunar eclipses. The devotees believe the ceremony will protect them from all effects of the eclipses (Rahu and Ketu).
What is Srikalahasti Rahu Kethu Pooja?
This an essential worship by the Indian devotees at the Srikalahasti temple. It’s done mainly to reduce the effects of Kala Sarpa Dosha & rahu kethu pooja. It’s only controlled by offering prayers at Shaiva Kshetra (Srikalahasti temple). There is a different cost for devotees and times when the Pooja will start.
How to get tickets for rahu ketu pooja at srikalahasti Temple and temple timings
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja ticket booking
Pilgrims can buy the tickets on the same day. The temple officials use the old-fashioned way of booking. There are no online booking systems for the cards. However, the cards will determine where the Pooja will take place. The temple has several locations for the Rahu Ketu Pooja worship. The best timing to visit the temple is from 6.00 AM to 6.00 PM every day. However, some people believe that the best time to have the ritual is during Rahu Kalam (timings given below). This happens on Tuesdays and Sundays every week. Though other days are also best during the two days, more pilgrims turn up for the ritual.
The temple also gives the pilgrims material to use during the ceremony. This is offered when purchasing the ticket. The officers provide full materials and no need to add more from shops. The payments for the cards are given below.
Rahu Kalam Timings
|Suday||04.30 PM – 06.00 PM|
|Monday||07.30 AM – 09.00 AM|
|Tuesday||03.00 PM – 04.30 PM|
|Wednesday||12.00 PM – 01.30 PM|
|Thursday||01.30 PM – 03.00 PM|
|Friday||10.30 AM – 12.00 PM|
|Saturday||09.00 AM – 10.30 AM|
The Procedure of the Rahu Ketu Pooja at kalahasti
- The Pooja is done in the Mandapams with a specific procedure and time. It takes 30-45 minutes to perform the worship as follows.
- The process is done while seated in batches in the mandapams taking a short time of 30 minutes.
- The holy priest will give the direction of how to start the Rahu Ketu Pooja. He uses a microphone so everyone will hear and participate. There are three languages, English, Telugu, and Tamil.
- The procedures will take place as directed, and if any devotee misses a step, the support staff will lead you.
- Now, after the ritual, one takes the silver idols and places them in the Hundi, which is inside the temple.
- The worship is over, and one goes home and takes a bath, you can still keep the clothes.
Rahu Kethu Ticket Cost Price
|Ticket Price||Description & Location|
|Rs.500/-||Rahu kethu pooja will done out side the main temple, in the temple premises|
|Rs.750/-||Rahukethu pooja will be performed near to the main temple|
|Rs.1500/-||In mandapam (near to the main temple) pooja will be performed|
|Rs.2500/-||Pooja will be performed inside the temple premises|
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Tickets Online Booking
Rahu kethu pooja tickets online booking is not available. Pilgrims can buy the ticket from the temple before 1 hour of performing rahukethu puja.
Rahu Ketu Pooja Benefits of the worship at Srikalahasti Temple
- The worship helps in various ways for each pilgrim. Here we have a few benefits as follows:
- The Pooja is a sign of blessings and spiritual gain.
- The Rahu Ketu Pooja gives and maintains the pilgrim’s and family member’s health.
- It’s believed and evident also that the Pooja helps in the financial stability of the devotees together with family members.
- All obstacles of life all removed by the spiritual power of the Pooja and gives success.
- People improve in personal life, and professional experience develops.
Best day to perform rahu ketu pooja in kalahasti
- Surya Grahanam (solar eclipse)
- Chandra Grahanam (Lunar eclipse)
- Ashlesha Nakshatram day
- Pournami (Purnima)
- Any Monday
- Any Tuesday
Items for Rahukethu pooja worship
Rahu Ketu Pooja requires one to have items before starting the worship. These items are given by the temple officials when one pays for their pooja ticket. They can also be found in shops by the temple encourages people to use the temple items only (Don’t buy from outside vendors).
- Two silver snake-shaped idols which represent Rahu and Ketu.
- They need two pieces of attires, red and black.
- Have three coconuts, flowers, betel nuts, black gram, horse gram, and turmeric powder (Haldi).
- They also require vermillion, areca nuts, lemon, black ellu, white Urud daal, and anga vastram.
All these items should be available for worship to take place. If any problem or missing any step, the temple has much stuff that helps in the ritual. Devotees have to come early and receive all the requirements.
Sri kalahasti rahu ketu pooja dress code
Dressing code: The temple is not very strict on ritual dress code. However, the pilgrims have to wear decent traditional attires for worship. It’s advisable to wear fresh and well-fitting conventional clothes. One should be clean and also they can discard the clothes after they are done with the ceremony. Ensure to take a bath after the ritual.
In conclusion, Rahu Ketu Pooja is an essential ritual for all Indian citizens. It brings blessing and favor and is practiced by the holy priest only. The time should strictly be observed since everyone has to receive the items of worship at the payment gate.