Srikanteswara Swamy temple, Nanjangud Darshan Timings, seva timings, Nanjangud Temple Timings. How to Reach Nanjangud Srikanteshwara Temple Mysore.
Sri Kanteswara temple is very famous among the few temples in Mysore, Karnataka. This temple is located on the banks of the river Kapila, a tributary of Kaveri (Cauvery) river. Locally, the lingam of Sri Kanteswara swamy situated in this temple is called as Nanjundeshwara. This place is called as “Garalapuri” in sthalapuranas. Nanjangud is also called as “Dakshina Kasi”. This temple is very popular because, this temple is one among the biggest temple in Karnataka.
About Mysore Nanjangud temple:
This article gives you the details of Nanjangud Sri kanteswara swamy temple Darshan Timings, history, seva timings and other facilities at the temple for pilgrims.
|Name of the temple
|Nanjangud SriKanteswara Temple
|Other names of place
|Garalapuri (or) Parashurama Kshetra (or) Dakshina Kasi
Nanjangud Temple Timings
Nanjundeswara Temple is very famous in Mysore. This temple has particular timings for giving darshan to devotees. On Special days, Darshan Timings changes due to special poojas performed on that day. The following table gives you the Darshan Timings of Nanjangud Shrikanteswara temple.
|Starting Darshan Time
|Closing Darshan Time
Darshan Timings on Special days at Nanjangud Shrikanteswar Temple:
The following table gives you the darshan timings of Nanjangud Temple during Special days, Sundays and Mondays.
Sevas and Timings at Srikanteshwara Temple Nanjangud:
There are Abhishekams performed to ShriKanteswar Swamy daily at certain timings. The following table gives you the timings of Abhishekam performed to Shiv Ling at Nanjangud temple. This temple is very famous as there are different abhishekams perfomed to Lord Nanjundeshwara during different timings like pradosha kalam, Ekanta kalam etc., The timings of abhishekam performed to Shivalongam is given in the below table.
|Name of Abhishekam
|Usha Kala Abhsihekam
|Pratah Kala Abhsihekam
|Sangama Kala Abhishekam
|Madhyahna Kala Abhsihekam
|Pradosha Kala Abhishekam
|Ekanta Kala Abhisekam
How to Reach Nanjangud Srikanteshwara Temple Mysore:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Nanjangud is Mysore airport or Mandakalli Airport. It is at a distance of 14.5 KM and approximate reach time to the temple is 23 min. Devotee can hire a taxi to reach the temple.
- By Bus: The nearest bustand to Mysore is Mysore Bus tand. The approx. reach time to temple from Mysore bus station is 33min. Temple is at a distance of 23.5 KM from Mysore bus stand.
|Bus Stand Name
|Distance to Nanjangud temple
|Approx Reach Time
- By Rail: The nearest big railway station to Nanjangud is Mysore railways station. Approximate reach time to the temple form Mysore railway station is 35min. The distance from Mysore station to Nanjangud is 25.5 KM.
|Railway Station Name
|Distance to Nanangud temple
|Approx. Reach Time
Festivals Celebrated at Nanjangud Temple:
- Laksha Deepotsavam
- Girija Kalyanam
- Sri Shri kanteswara Jayanti
- Subramanya Shashti etc.,
Facilities Available for Devotees at Srikanteshwara Temple Nanjangud:
- There is drinking water facility inside the temple for devotees.
- There is pay and use toilets facility outside the temple , near Yogeshwara statue.
- There are dress changing rooms and toilets at the banks of Kapila river.
- There is accommodation facility for devotees near to the temple. Also there are Dormitory , VIP Cottages and rooms available for devotees to stay.
- There is free cloak room facility for devotees to store their luggage.
- There are 5 KSRTC buses from Mysore to Nanjangud.
- It has declared that temple and its surrounding area as PLASTIC FREE ZONE.
- There is paid parking facility for 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers at parking place.
Nanjangud Shri kanteshwar Temple Contact Address:
Shri kanteswar Swamy temple,
Nanjangud, Mysore District, Karnataka – 571301
Phone Number: 08221-226245
History and Legend of Nanjangud Temple:
According to Legend, it is said that, While churning nectar by Gods and demons, first poison had came out from the ocean. Then Lord Shiva drank that poison while Goddess Parvati Devi holding throat of lord Shiva. Hence Lord Shiv is called as “Neelkanth or Blue-throat person”. Nanjangudeshwara means “ The God who drank poison” And Nanjangud is a place where Nanjangudeshwar resides.
Q. Distance from Bangalore Airport to Nanjangud temple?
A. The distance from kempegoda Airport to Nanjanguda Temple is 210 KM. the approxiamte reach time 4 hour. One can hire taxi or after travelling some distance you can find buses to Nanjangud.