Veerabhadra Temple, Lepakshi timings, photos, address Etc.. How to Reach Lepakshi temple. History & Architecture of Lepakshi Veera Bhadra Swamy temple. Lepakshi Temple Timings, Poojas, Dress Code, and History. Distance to Lepakshi Temple From Bangalore, Anantapur, Kadapa etc…
There are a few temples of Veerabhadra Swamy located in India. Among them, Lepakshi is very famous for temple of Sree Veerabhadra Swamy with a great architecture and a number of sculptures. This temple belongs to 16th century as the construction resembles Vijayanagara style architecture. This article gives you the details of Lepakshi Veerbhadra Swamy Temple timings, How to reach, Festivals celebrated, History of the temple, Accommodation at Lepakshi etc.,
|Name of the temple
|Veerabhadra Swamy Temple
Lepakshi Temple Timings
Veerabhadra Swamy temple, Lepakshi has its own opening and closing timings. The table below gives you the darshan timings of Lepakshi Temple. During Morning, the temple timings are
|Temple Opening Time
|Temple Closing Time
|Temple Opening Time
|Temple Closing time
The temple will be closed from 12:30 PM to 4:000 PM. But the temple timings may change during festivals, any special days and others. While you are going to visit the temple, check the timings and go.
Other temples inside the Lepakshi temple:
Shiva Temple, Vishnu temple, papanaseswara
How to Reach Lepakshi temple?
- By Air: The nearest airport to Veerabhadra Swamy temple at Lepakshi is Sri Sathya Sai Airport in Puttaparthi. The distance from this airport to Lepakshi temple is 58 KM at approximate reach time is 70 to 80 mins.
- By Rail (Train): The nearest railway station to Lepakshi temple is Hindupur railway station. It is at a distance of 13.7 KM ad approximate reach time 21 min.
- By Bus: The nearest big bus stand to Lepakshi temple is Hindupur Bus Stand. Hindupur is at a distance of 15KM from Lepakshi Temple. There are number of buses available to reach this temple. Approximate reach time is less than 30min. Other cities to Lepakshi temple distance
Distance to Lepakshi Temple From Bangalore, Anantapur, Kadapa etc…
|4hr 45 min
|2 1/2 Hours
Accommodation at Lepakshi:
There are number of hotels and lodges available at Lepakshi. Some of them are
- AP Tourism Lepakshi Haritha Hotel
- Nataraj Hotel
- Hotel Bheema,
- Hotel JVS Paradise,
- Palla Residency and others.
Festivals Celebrated at Lepakshi Temple:
Durgamma Festival in Bhadrapada month
Karteeka Masam etc.,
History of Lepakshi Temple:
The temple date backs to Treta Yuga, while Ravana kidnapping Sita Devi to Sri Lanka, Jatayu tries to stop Ravana and falls down due to Ravana. When Rama See Jatayu, Rama asks “LE – PAKSHI: means Rise Bird. The Jatayu Stand and dies. Due to some of the painting inside the temple, this name was derived. Also it is said that, this temple was constructed by Sage Agastya. This temple is also referred as Saiva Divya Kshetram.
Some legends say that, this temple was constructed by Virupanna, Viranna, governors under Vijayanagara Empire during the rule of King Achyut Raya by using the treasury of the kingdom. BY knowing this, King Achyutaraya wants to punish by making them blind. But VIrupanna made himself blind.
Architecture of Lepakshi Veerabhadra Swamy temple:
The architecture of temple is spectacular with a number of sculptures and stone Ade arts. Some of them are
- A big Nandi Statue made from single stone, it is known as one of the biggest statues of world.
- A big 7-headed Serpent shading a Shivaling.
- Sculptures of Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Dancers, Musicians, Shiva Avatars, saints and others. – ArdhaNareeswara, Nataraja, Harihara, Yoga dakshina murthy and many other Carvings of Shiva, Parvati are on the walls of the most historical temple Lepakshi.
- Paintings and carvings from epic stories Ramayana, Mahabharata, and other Puranas.
- Also there is a hanging pillar inside the temple, but it was mislodged during the British rule. It is also known as Aakasa Stambham.