Quick Details on Kalka Shimla Toy Train: Kalka to kalka to shimla toy train booking 2023. How to Book Toy Train From Kalka to Shimla & Shimla to kalka toy train ticket buy online. Kalka to Shimla Toy Train, Timings, Entry Fees, Images etc…
Toy Train Kalka to Shimla
Himachal Pradesh, located in northern India, is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. The state attracts millions of tourists annually with its breathtaking landscapes, snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys, and sparkling rivers.
Himachal Pradesh is not only known for its scenic beauty, but also vibrant culture, traditional festivals, and warm hospitality. A visit to Himachal Pradesh promises thrilling experiences such as trekking, skiing, and rafting, along with an opportunity to explore ancient temples, monasteries, and colonial architecture like the Toy Train in Shimla.
Toy Train in Shimla
The toy train in Shimla is a popular tourist attraction known as the Kalka-Shimla Railway. It is a narrow-gauge railway line that connects the hill station of Shimla with the town of Kalka in Haryana, India. The journey covers a distance of approximately 96 kilometers and offers stunning views of the Himalayan foothills, pine forests, and picturesque villages. The Shimla toy train route is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site and was constructed during the British colonial era in the 19th century. The train journey takes around 5-6 hours and passes through 102 tunnels, over 864 bridges, and several quaint stations like Barog, Solan, and Dharampur.
The train in Shimla offers nostalgic experience with vintage locomotives and old-world charm. The slow-paced ride allows passengers to admire the beautiful landscapes, enjoy the fresh mountain air, and take in the breath taking view of the surrounding. The toy train operates on a regular schedule, and tourists have the option to book tickets in advance. Riding the toy train in Shimla is a popular activity, so planning and booking tickets in advance is recommended, especially during peak tourist seasons.
The Legendary of Shimla Toy Train
The History of the toy train in Shimla dates back to the late 18th century. The idea of connecting the summer capital of British India with the rest of the country through a railway line was conceived in the 1840s. The construction of the Kalka-Shimla Railway, also known as the toy train, began in 1898. The project faced various challenges due to the rugged terrain and steep inclines of the Himalayan foothills. However, through innovative engineering techniques, such as the construction of numerous tunnels and bridges, the railway line was completed in 1903.
Initially built as a narrow gauge line, the toy train quickly gained popularity among British officials and tourists, who sought refuge from the sweltering plains by visiting Shimla during summer. Today, the toy train stands as a testament to the remarkable engineering of the past. It continues to captivate visitors with its historical significance and breath-taking views of scenic landscapes.
Kalka to Shimla Toy Train
Guidelines on Kalka Shimla Toy Train Routes
The Kalka-Shimla toy train operates on several routes, providing travelers with a journey that suits their preferences. Below are some of the popular routes;
- Kalka to Shimla: This is the primary route of the toy train, starting from Kalka in Haryana and ending in Shimla, the capital city of Himachal Pradesh. The train covers a distance of approximately 96 kilometers and takes around 5 hours to complete. It passes through 20 railway stations, including Dharampur, Barog, and Summerhill, offering stunning views of the Himalayan foothills.
- Shimla to Kalka: This is the reverse route, starting from Shimla and ending in Kalka. The train follows the same scenic, allowing travelers to enjoy the breathtaking landscapes in the opposite direction.
- Solan to Shimla: This route starts from Solan, a town between Kalka and Shimla, and ends in Shimla. It offers a shorter journey, covering a distance of approximately 44 kilometers. This route is ideal for those who want to experience the toy train ride but have limited time.
- Shimla to Barog: This shorter journey starts from Shimla and ends at Barog, a picturesque village known for its natural beauty. The train journey covers a distance of around 18 kilometers and allows travelers to explore the quaint surroundings of Barog.
Kalka to Shimla Toy Train Schedule Timings
The Schedule Timetable of Kalka Shimla Toy Train from Kalka to Shimla
The Kalka-Shimla toy train operates daily with multiple daily departures from Kalka to Shimla. The train schedule may vary depending on the season and various factors, so it is advisable to check the specific timings before planning your trip. However, here is the general schedule timing of the toy train from Kalka to Shimla; Select one which toy train is best for kalka to shimla.
|Train Number||Departure from Kalka||Arrival at Shimla|
|52453||05:35 AM||10:15 AM|
|52451||6:00 AM||11:25 AM|
|52455||09:20 AM||02:30 PM|
|52457||12:10 PM||05:20 PM|
|52459||04:00 PM||09:10 PM|
- Train N0. 52453: Departure from Kalka at 05:35 AM and arrival at Shimla at 10:15 AM.
- Train No. 52451: Departure from Kalka at 6:00 AM and arrival at Shimla at 11:25 AM.
- Train No. 52455: Departure from Kalka at 09:20 AM and arrival at Shimla at 02:30 PM.
- Train No. 52457: Departure from Kalka at 12:10 PM and arrival at Shimla at 05:20 PM.
- Train No. 52459: Departure from Kalka at 04:00 PM and arrival at Shimla at 09:10 PM
Shimla to Kalka Toy Train Timings Schedule
Kalka Shimla Toy Train from Shimla to Kalka Schedule
To plan your journey effectively from Shimla to Kalka, follow the schedule indicated below;
|Train Number||Arrival at Shimla||Departure from Kalka|
|52458||Shimla at 09:25 AM||Kalka at 02:15 PM|
|52452||10:30 AM||03:15 PM|
|52454||01:30 PM||06:20 PM|
|52456||04:25 PM||09:20 PM|
|52450||05:50 PM||10:55 PM|
- Train No. 52458: Departure from Shimla at 09:25 AM and arrival at Kalka at 02:15 PM
- Train No. 52452: Departure from Shimla at 10:30 AM and arrival at Kalka at 03:15 PM
- Train No. 52454: Departure from Shimla at 01:30 PM and arrival at Kalka at 06:20 PM
- Train No. 52456: Departure from Shimla at 04:25 PM and arrival at Kalka at 09:20 PM
- Train No. 52450: Departure from Shimla at 05:50 PM and arrival at Kalka at 10:55 PM
Kalka Shimla Toy Train Ticket Price Fees
The fees for the Kalka-Shimla toy train vary depending on the class of travel and the distance covered. The journey from Kalka to Shimla is divided into different sections, and the fares differ accordingly.
The toy train offers three classes- Deluxe, Shivalik Deluxe, and Ordinary- for the regular train service. The fare for the deluxe class ranges from INR 700 to INR 800, while the Shivalik Deluxe class costs around INR 1200 to INR 1400. The ordinary class is the most affordable option, with fares ranging from INR 70 to INR 150.
How to Book Toy Train From Kalka to Shimla
The procedure to booking Toy Train Kalka to Shimla & Shimla to Kalka
To book the Kalka-Shimla toy train, follow the mentioned steps below;
Online Booking Process of Kalka to Shimla & Shimla to Kalka
- Navigate o the official website of Indian Railways at https://irctc.co.in or the Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation at https://hptdc.in link to check availability and make a reservation.
- Fill up the required details such as date of travel, number of passengers, and class of travel.
- On the redirected webpage, follow the booking process and make payment online.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation email or SMS with your ticket details.
Offline Booking Process of Kalka to Shimla & Shimla to Kalka
- Move to the closest Indian Railways reservation center or tourism office
- Answer the reservation form keenly with the correct information
- Pay for the ticket in cash or through other accepted payment modes
- You will be given printed proof of your reservation
- What is the toy train in Shimla?
The toy train in Shimla is a popular tourist attraction known as the Kalka-Shimla Railway. It is a narrow-gauge railway line that connects the hill station of Shimla with the town of Kalka in Haryana, India.